One of the most affected sectors during the pandemic lockdown was the education department. Online education made it easy for students to attend the class but affected their physical nature.
Students and teachers, all had the same issues regarding their health. Assignments, online tests, in many ways, affected education because cheating became easier and knowledge, just another word in the dictionary.
Assam has now reached Unlock 5 where the opening of institutions has been declared. However, the MHA gave them the power to open schools from 15th October.
Assam has, however, decided to open their schools from class 6th to class 12th. On Monday, 02 November 2020, the Assam Education Department decided to allow students to attend school, but under restrictions and various guidelines by the Assam Department against COVID-19.
Schools lying in containment zones will be avoided but another precaution for green zones has been considered with precision. Classes under the 5th standard are suspended.
The Standard Operating System [SOP] has issued guidelines that, if not followed, the heavy loss might be suffered by the rule breakers as well as others.
GUIDELINES BY SOP:
- All the students will not attend schools at the same time.
- The shifts will be divided into the Morning shift [8:00 AM to 12:00 PM] and Afternoon shift [12:30 PM to 3:30 PM].
- Students of classes 6, 8, and 12 will attend classes on Monday, and students of 7, 9, and 11 will attend classes on Tuesday. Alternate day attending will be the new formula into consideration i.e. Odd-Even system will be followed.
- Batches division will take place to maintain a social distance. If the number of students in one class is 20 or below, no batch division is necessary.
- At least 6 feet distance has to be maintained.
- Fixation of the first and the second batch is totally up to the institutional head, but the division is important.
- Weekends will always be utilized for sanitization of each and every corner of the schools.
- Staggered timetables for engineering, polytechnic, IIT’s, general colleges will be issued.
- Online education will be in continuation for students who prefer distance from schools.
- Mid-day meal for morning batch will be between 11:30 AM to 12:00 PM and for afternoon batch will be from 12:30 PM to 1:00 PM.
- Cook-cum-helpers are asked to take their tests before joining the institutions.
- A temperature check is mandatory for both students and school staff.
- Anyone found with symptoms of COVID-19 or other sickness should be immediately contacted at the nearest PHC/CHC.
- Quarantined teachers can take classes online for safety measures.