An app to register for the vaccine would be an alternative approach to invoking people to get to register them without a repeated announcement.
The Union Health Ministry has recently announced about a new mobile application, which will continuously monitor the vaccine delivery, data management, and registered people for the vaccination process, has been created.
Rajesh Bhushan, Health Secretary, on 8th December 2020, during the press meet, told about the mobile application- Co-WIN, for keeping a track of the process of vaccination in the country.
This mobile application is an ameliorated version of the Electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network [eVIN] and will deal with the whole process of data management.
The application can be downloaded for free and it contains five modules where the importance of each module is equal.
1. Administrator Module
This section is made for the administrators who will be keeping track of the vaccination sessions. The administrators, involving vaccinators and managers, will be informed from this module that a person has registered for this particular administrator and the administrator will be notified about the same.
2. Registration Module
This module is for the assembling of data of the registered people for the vaccination process. The information regarding the co-occurring data will be uploaded in bulk in this module by the local authorities or the surveyors.
3. Vaccination Module
This module will contain the data of the vaccination of the beneficiary or the receiver. This section will ensure that the details of the receiver are true and the vaccination data will be updated.
4. Beneficiary Acknowledgement Module
This module is present in the application to generate the QR-code based certificates after the receiver has received the vaccination. The receiver will receive SMS through this module about his/her vaccination process is completed.
5. Report Module
This module can be represented as the excel sheet where data regarding- receiver’s vaccination process will be updated, a list of people who dropped out after the registration, attendees for the vaccination process, and similar information will be covered.
The mobile application is expected to send the data regarding the temperature of the cold-storage to the main servers for proper monitoring of the issues if any.
Few points regarding the process:
- The government has come up with the vaccination process which will be conducted in various phases:
- First Phase: Frontline workers and healthcare professionals will be vaccinated in the first phase of the process.
- Second Phase: Emergency workers will be vaccinated during this phase.
- Third Phase onwards: The co-morbid people will be taken care of from the third phase since the data is still under compilation by the State Government.
- Around 27 Crore prioritized age group has also been included in the list of the population which needs to be vaccinated as soon as possible.