Various Indian states will conduct the dry run of the covid-19 vaccine in India and the runs will be executed to exercise the testing process of the covid-19 vaccination as well as plan and prepare for the introduction of the vaccine.
The dry run for the day will be held at three hospitals in Thiruvananthapuram and one in Idukki, Wayanad, and Palakkad respectively.
The centers for the dry run in Thiruvananthapuram are chosen as the primary health center at Poozhanadu, the district hospital at Peroorkada apart from a private hospital for the run.
The Primary Health Care centres are Vazhathope in Idukki, Kurukkanmoola in Wayanad, and a community health center at Nemmara in Palakkad.
The dry run will be held between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m., announced by Health Minister KK Shailaja.
During the process of vaccination, 25 trained Healthcare workers will participate and the procedures required to be processed during the actual vaccination will be acted out.
Various measures will be taken for safety and the dry run will ensure how well-trained and equipped the state is for the process of covid-19 vaccination.
According to the Health Minister, K K Shailaja, Kerala is ready with the stocks, distribution, and providing of the vaccine and the vaccination.
The required formalities for the cold chain management have been taken care of in the 14 districts but they are not sure when will they be receiving the vaccines.
The process will start as soon as a state receives the vaccines. Since the population density and aging population is comparatively more in the state, they have asked the center to provide them a major share of the covid-19 vaccine.
In the first stage of covid-19 vaccination, 3.1 lakh people registered which includes medical students, Health Care workers, Anganwadi workers, and ASHA workers.
What Are The New Reduced Testing Rates?
The testing rates have dropped in the state and the new rates are:
|Xpert NAT test||₹2,500|
|Rapid Antigen Test||₹300|
Few Highlights For The Dry Run Process:
- The dry run Test will be conducted in all the states, at-least at three sites.
- The medical officer in charge will be concerned about the identification of the 25 test Healthcare workers.
- The earlier two-day dry run was held on 28th and 29th December in Assam, Punjab, Gujarat, and Andhra Pradesh.
- The Use of the IT platform and the transparency during the process was appreciated by the states during the dry run.
- For vaccine and software related inquiries, the state’s helplines can be used (104 and addition of 1075 are also included).