Amid this coronavirus pandemic, we all have become used to work from home. Since the lockdown began around various parts of the globe, companies and working industries also took a step forward for the security of their employees by allowing them to work from home.
Work from home started, employees started using different video conferencing apps to connect with their colleagues and teams.
The application which got a lot of traction at that time was “Zoom”. People started liking it as it was fast, great video quality and can host up to 100 participants in its free plan as compared to other video conferencing apps.
Meanwhile, seeing the opportunity in the market, Reliance has launched its new video conference app, Jio Meet as competition to Zoom & other video conferencing applications.
Jio Meet Vs Zoom: Features
|Jio Meet Features||Zoom Features|
|No Restrictions On Time Limit. Jio Meet allows to host a meeting up to 24 hours.||There is a restriction on time limit. Zoom allows you to host a meeting up to 40 minutes only.|
|Users can expand a participant's video or shared screen by double tap.||Users cannot expand participant's video.|
|Jio Meet allows sign up using email and phone number.||Zoom allows sign up using email only.|
|It shows up to nine participants on the screen at a time.||It shows only four participants on the screen at a time.|
|Users can easily switch their devices without dropping out of the call.||Users can switch devices between calls.|
|All the meeting conducted through Jio Meet are encrypted as claimed by Reliance Jio.||Zoom offers end-to-end encryption to all its free and paid users.|
Jio Meet Additional Features Over Zoom
- Reliance Jio Meet is available for all the users even if you are not a Jio subscriber. Users can easily sign up on Jio Meet using their email ids or phone number.
- Jio Meet can host up to 100 participants in one go, which is actually intended to conduct large meetings for enterprises or interacting with a large group simultaneously.
- It adds an option to allow users only from the host’s organization. If the option is enabled, users only from the host’s organization can join the meeting which results in restricting unwanted users.
- It does not allow guest users.
- Jio Meet users can protect the meetings with passwords, schedule a meeting, and also create a waiting room, so you have full access to control the participants.
Zoom Plans And Pricing
Jio Meet is currently providing all its services for free. However, if you are using Zoom then it’s gonna cost you some extra bucks if you want more functionality.
1. Zoom: Basic/Free Plan
- Unlimited one to one meetings.
- Restriction of 40 minutes on the group meetings.
- Up to 100 participants.
- Price: Free
2. Zoom: Pro Plan
- Up to 100 participants.
- Admin controls.
- 24 hours of video limit.
- User management.
- All basic features.
- Price: $14.99/month.
3. Zoom: Business Plan
- Up to 300 participants.
- Company branding.
- Phone support.
- All pro features.
- Price: $19.99/month.
4. Zoom: Enterprise
- Up to 500 participants & 1000 participants in Enterprise plus.
- Customer support.
- Unlimited cloud storage.
- All business features.