A Pregnant Elephant Was Killed In Kerala As Public Starts Showing Their Anger On The Incident

The tragic death of a pregnant elephant in Kerala caused a furor on Twitter. The elephant reportedly died after eating crackers-filled pineapples given by some people. The wild elephant was leaving the silent valley forests in the Palakkad region, traveling to a neighboring village in search of food, where she ate pineapples. The pineapple fruit exploded in his mouth and she was in great pain, as she walked into the city for a few days, unable to eat anything due to injuries. Eventually, she died while standing in the river.

Pregnant Elephant Was Killed In Kerala

The incident sparked the internet as thousands demanded affirmative action against the culprits. On Twitter, many people also shared photos and pictures apologizing for animal cruelty and spreading awareness about it.

“Literacy rate doesn’t reflect education,” wrote one Twitter user while sharing an illustration by Aveek Ray.

“Somewhere in God’s own country, not Kerala…” another user wrote while sharing a masterpiece of sketch that shows a baby elephant playing with its mother.

“As a human I am sorry,” a Twitter user apologized on behalf of all humans showing the cruel condition of humanity.

Another asked for justice to be delivered in this heartbreaking case.

Actor and UN Environment Programme Ambassador Randeep Hooda claimed it an “act most inhumane” in a post asking for justice.

Other actors and actress like @anushkasharma also came up keeping their point in front of the public on their Instagram stories.

Authorities suspect that the elephant ate the pineapple in late April or early May. “We do not know when the incident took place. However, due to lack of hunger and elephants, we believe it would be about 20 days ago,” forest officer Aashique Ali U stated.

Pregnant Elephant Was Killed In Kerala

Forest officials got to know about this incident of elephant on May 25, two days before she died. They brought two imprisoned elephants named Surendran and Nilakanthan to lead her out from the river where she stood with their mouth and body in the water, presumably to relieve pain. After an unsuccessful attempt to eject, the elephant died at 4 am on 27 May.

The police have now started investigating the case and have filed the first report against strangers. No arrests have been made so far.

Divye Agarwal
A content creator who prefer showing his imaginations through words digitally.