Recently, the Cabinet has been cleared the Motor Vehicle Amendment Bill and made the new rules for it. But we must tell you that these new rules are much strict than before. You will get charged for each mistake. Below we had mentioned the major updates of Motor Vehicles Amendment Bill 2020, you must be aware of these rules while driving your vehicles:
1. If you are speaking on the phone and caught by some traffic policemen, then you should be fined Rs. 5000 as a penalty. Till now this penalty was Rs. 1000 only but now it is increased by 5 times. So try to avoid phone calls while you are driving any motor vehicle.
2. If your Son/Daughter is under-aged or they are minor and caught by a cop while driving the vehicle, then you have to pay Rs. 25,000 or also you serve 3 years in jail. But in case your children are 16-18 years old, then they can get a license for 100 CC or lesser bikes.
3. Drinking while driving penalty is now increased by 5 times. Now you will be charged Rs. 10,000 if the cop caught you in a drunk situation.
4. If you break any traffic rule you should be charged up to 1 lakh due to existing Motor Act Rules, as there is no provision for the offenses.
5. If the cop caught you while over-speeding your vehicle then the fine is Rs. 1000 for light motors. Also in the case of medium passenger motor vehicles the penalty is Rs. 2000.
[recent_post_slider design=”design-1″ limit=”4″ category=”1459″ ]
6. If you caught jumping red light then the penalty is Rs. 1000 which was Rs. 300 before.
7. In the event that you are driving without a license, at that point you should charge out Rs 5000 punishment, which is as of now just Rs 500.
8. In addition, one major update: Ola and Uber vehicles will presently go under the ambit of Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill, which was not the case before.