In India, you may have seen the Aghori sadhus and wondered about their lifestyle that why they are like this and why do they live like this, what about their families and how do they afford the living and etc. These Aghori Sadhus could be a bit of a mystery for us sometimes but today we are going to reveal some bizarre truth and unbelievable facts about them.
10 Unbelievable Facts About Aghori Sadhus In India:
1. They are the worshippers of Lord Shiva. In an interview of a sadhu with a photographer, he said, “Each deity in Hinduism is just one manifestation of the same God. Different orders worship different deities, thus satisfying all manifestations of God. But what Shiva and Kali demand from their followers are not acceptable to most people. Thus Aghoris are the only ones willing to please them. ”
2. Their living depends on leftover foods and garbage. They only consume this type of food items which the collect from trash or leftovers from people.
3. It is believed that they perform necrophilia.
“The reason why we do things that seem outrageous to the outside world is actually simple. To find purity in the filthiest! If an Aghori manages to remain focused on God even during sex with a corpse or while eating a human brain, then he is on the right way.”
4. They believe in black magic. They believe that if they will perform intercourse with the dead then it will give rise to supernatural powers.
5. They do not hold any grudges and hate in their heart because they believe in keeping their inner-self pure.
6. They use the human skull as a utensil to drink water and beverages.
7. They meditate in the cremation ground at night after everybody else is asleep.
8. One of the most bizarre truths about these naked Naga sadhus is that they eat the flesh of the corpse and then sit on them at night and meditate.
9. They usually remain naked and just wear their jewelry and probably one cloth tied around their waist
10. They consume marijuana.